There are several Airports near Villa Radicata:
- Perugia (1hr)
- Forli (1.5hr)
- Florence (1.5hr)
- Bologna (2hr)
- Pisa (2.5hrs)
The closest and easiest airport is Perugia (1hr) Rimini and Forli an hour and half.
Ryan Air flies to Perugia 4 times a week.
Ryan Air - http://www.ryanair.com/en
Directions from Perugia
- Take the E45 direction Cesena for approx 60 km and exit at San Sepolcro.
- Take the third exit on the roundabout and continue past the Agip petrol station and take first right, direction Anghiari.
- You will see the medieval town of Anghiari straight ahead. Follow the road straight until you come to a sharp bend.
- At the bend take the immediate right signposted Caprese Michelangelo. Follow this road for circa fifteen minutes , passing the village of Manzi until you come to a sign 'Caroni San Cristoforo"
- At the small petrol station and bar/pizzeria "quelle donne"(on left) take the left fork to Caprese Michelangelo.
- Take the first main left at the rubbish bins, signposted "Gorfi, Priello, Radicata" , then the immediate right up a small road through the hamlet of "Gorfi"(it is best to do this in first gear as it is not a proper road , but completely safe!) The notice says private property, but ignore this and continue on the track for one km until the road forks into three paths.
- Take the middle one with the sign 'LA RADICATA' Ben arrivati! You will arrive at the parking area and there are steps down to the villa.
Slightly further away is Florence Airport (1 ½ hrs)
Meridiana and British Airways fly from London Gatwick Codeshare.
Meridiana - https://www.meridiana.it/en/ (Twice a day)
British Airways - http://www.britishairways.com/ (Twice a a day)
Directions from Florence and Bologna
- Take the A1 motorway to Arezzo. (In Italy the motorways have a toll)
- Exit at Arezzo.
- Follow for San Sepolcro.
- After about 40km you get to a roundabout Don't take San Sepolcro, but take direction Anghiari .
- When arriving at Anghiari go right at traffic light and you will be coming downhill. You need to take the left turn signposted Caprese Michelangelo" on the sharp bend.
- Then follow the directions above through Manzi and Caroni San Cristoforo through to La Radicata.
- If you want to go to the large supermarkets before arriving at the villa you need to go down the hill to Sansepolcro and then retrace the road back via Anghiari to the villa. Otherwise there is a small supermarket at Manzi, 2 km before reaching the villa (closed in the afternoon from 1-4.)
Easy Jet and British Airways fly to Pisa several times a day
British Airways - http://www.britishairways.com/
Easyjet - http://www.easyjet.com
Directions from Pisa
- Take the motorway to Florence(Firenze) and then the A1 at Fienze Sud to Arezzo and follow instructions above.